Senior SGBV Advisor - Support to the Zambian Government to Strengthen its Institutional Capacity and Multi-Sectoral Coordination Concerning SGBV in Zambia - EuropeAid/139623/IH/SER/ZM-5
For the above-mentioned tender financed by the European Union (EU), Health Focus GmbH is looking for a national/international long-term expert in the field of gender/ sexual and genderbased violence in Zambia.The overall objective of the SGBV programme is: to reduce Sexual and Gender-Based Violence in Zambia.
The specific objectives of the SGBV Programme are:
1. To prevent Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) by challenging and changing beliefs, attitudes and practices in the target areas;
2. To increase SGBV survivors' access and use of comprehensive support services.
This project will provide Technical Assistance to assist the Government of Zambia in strengthening the institutional and policy capacities and improving the multi-sectoral coordinated response concerning SGBV prevention and service delivery to SGBV survivors.
- Assignment period: 30 September 2019 (provisional) – 48 months
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia, with planned and ad hoc (demand-driven) monitoring visits to Luapula Province and to Northern Province
Tasks for the Senior SGBV Advisor:
The Senior SGBV Advisor will be the primary contact for the Contracting Authority and Beneficiary. In his/her capacity he/she is expected to take responsibility for the coordinated and efficient implementation of the various components of the project as well as coordinating and managing the work of other short-term experts. Furthermore, she/he shall ensure coordination with the Contracting Authority and other stakeholders of the project. The Senior SGBV Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assessment of capacity building needs concerning SGBV prevention and SGBV service delivery of government staff, followed by development and implementation of costed multi-sectoral National Capacity Strengthening Plan for SGBV Prevention and SGBV Service Delivery. Standardisation and roll-out of simple and practical tools, guidelines related to different aspects of SGBV prevention, enhanced SGBV case finding, evidence collection and SGBV reporting (e.g. guidelines, checklists, forms, etc.);
- Strengthen, standardize and support roll-out of SGBV referral system between different service providers. Development and/or review and approval of a National One-Stop Centre (or Coordinated Response Centre) policy and/or other relevant policies/legislation.
- Support efforts aimed at reviewing and updating relevant policies and legislation; provide policy guidance, e.g. prevention of SGBV and/or ending child marriage; and provide inputs for operational research
- Clarification of roles and responsibilities of different Ministries at different administrative levels (national, provincial, district-level) with regards to SGBV prevention and response, in order to ensure a coordinated multi-sector response;
- Establish/maintain close contacts with all ministries involved in SGBV prevention and response, including the Ministry of Gender, Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development and Social Welfare (MCDSW), Ministry of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs (MOCTA), Ministry of Education (MOE), Ministry of Higher
- Education (MoHE), Ministry of Home Affairs (MOHA), Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and other Ministries and Government departments considered relevant to the fight against SGBV. Close collaboration and good functioning governance structures with the other Cooperating Partners, civil society and implementing partners under the entire EUfunded SGBV programme as well as with other Cooperating Partners.
- Strengthen accountability mechanisms, including meaningful representation and involvement of key populations in the programme’s governance structure.
- Strengthen and support advocacy and awareness raising activities for the EU-funded SGBV Programme.
Profile of the Senior SGBV Advisor:
Qualifications and skills
- She/he must possess a minimum of a Masters' degree in gender studies, social sciences, development relations, institutional development, public sector development or a relevant, directly related discipline equivalent, or a Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience.
- The expert must be fluent in English (oral) and possess excellent communication and writing skills in English with computer skills appropriate for the task. General professional experience
- Experience as Gender and/or SGBV expert concerning institutional capacity strengthening to national level ministries in the social sectors (gender, education, health, social welfare/social development, community development, youth and sports, traditional affairs) for at least 10 years.
- Experience as coordinator/facilitator/organiser of multi-sectoral collaboration and liaison between different national level ministries and/or different sectors for at least 3 years – Preferably related to Gender and/or GBV.
- Team management experience is an advantage. Specific professional experience
- Experience in long term assignments of at least 2 years related to institutional capacity strengthening and/or multi-sectoral coordination is an advantage.
- Experience in managing and/or coordinating multi-sectoral programmes of at least 10 Million Euro is an advantage.
Founded in 2001, Health Focus GmbH is an established German health consulting company with a strong track record of delivering high-quality implementation projects, research and evaluation studies, workshops and training programmes to governments, bilateral and multilateral development agencies as well as for private and civil society organisations.
Working closely with an international network of experts and partner organisations, Health Focus offers services in project management, organisational development, research and capacity building in the public health and social development field.
In case of interest please send your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49-331-2000 70.