Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) in Syria
Objective: The overall objective is to improve access to medical care and psychosocial support/psychotherapeutic treatment for the local population and IDPs in five provinces controlled by the moderated opposition and to support efforts to build capacities for needs-based psychosocial and psychotherapeutic support and treatment for the civilian population and medical personnel alike.
Content: Health Focus is guiding a collaborative process for capacity development of Syrian MHPSS professionals on the psychosocial model and strategies to implement them in trainings, supervision, programming and direct care and to implement self-care / staff care measures for selected medical personnel who should be enabled in the long term to function as multipliers to institutionalise these approaches in their respective health facilities.
- Selection, mobilisation and provision of short-term experts;
- Desk review of research studies/situational analyses, and identification of needs for additional required information;
- Establishment of a M&E framework to measure project progress and track knowledge outcomes/gains against a baseline;
- Development of curricula and learning material for the planned trainings and continuing education and training modules in the fields of psychosocial and psycho-therapeutic support;
- Development of a sustainability strategy and its implementation plan for community social workers, who are paid by the project;
- Technically backstopping the NGOs in the implementation of the activities;
- Provision of recommendations via interim progress reports and a final report.