Sector Programme HIV/AIDS/ PROFILE – Strengthening the German contribution to the global AIDS response: Advice to the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
The supraregional programme “Strengthening the German contribution to the global AIDS response” aims to enhance the profile of the German development cooperation in the field of HIV.
The programme advises the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), other German Development Cooperation organisations, NGOs and the GIZ itself on the subject of HIV&AIDS. Advisory services centre on prevention, access to life-prolonging treatment, international activities and the development of innovative projects.
EPOS / HF contribute to the realization of the following service packages:
- Mainstreaming the response to AIDS inside German development cooperation institutions (including relevant support for “German Health Practice Collection”, the series of publications for sharing promising practices developed in German-supported health programmes worldwide at international level);
- Management of the German contribution to the European hospital twinning programme ESTHER (Ensemble pour une Solidarité Thérapeutique Hospitalière En Réseau);
- Direct advisory services to the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in policy-relevant national and international processes.
HF provides a long-term expert for the conceptual and organisational design and implementation of twinning arrangements between German clinics and hospitals in partner countries (ESTHER initiative), including the involvement of other instruments of the German development cooperation (e.g. CIM, DAAD, InWEnt, DED resp. GIZ).
- Providing a long-term expert;
- Institutional and organisational establishment of the German contribution in partner structures and organisations using local national resources;
- Coordination between the partnerships in the partner countries, the partner organisations and other international initiatives;
- Strategy development for the efficient promotion of partnerships in the framework of the German ESTHER initiative;
- Exchange with GIP-ESTHER in Paris and other European ESTHER initiatives (European ESTHER Alliance);
- Technical guidance and direct support of the creation of ESTHER partnerships;
- Presentation of the initiative at international and national symposia and coordination conferences on behalf of the client.