Development of a national strategic plan on reproductive health for Haiti (PNSSR 2011-2016)
In order to meet the demands of the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD), the Haitian government has made sexual and reproductive health one of their primary objectives. Thus they plan on contributing to achieve the health indicators regarding reproductive health and on improving the overall health system. Additionally, they envision drawing up a national strategic plan on reproductive health for 2011 to 2016.
In close cooperation with the MoH’s department of family health, the experts are developing the national strategic plan on reproductive health. In this context the following activities are realised:
- Preparation of a detailed description about the actual SRH situation in Haiti;
- Proposition of scenarios that permit adequate and stable funding for the new strategic plan;
- Management of the evolution process for the strategic plan through a participatory approach (pursue a process of consensus with the participation of all partners involved in the sector, including funders and stakeholders).
Together with the responsible associates of the MoH and its partners, the Health Focus team organises technical meetings to exchange important information regarding the progress and to share and discuss preliminary work results.
The mission’s result is a national strategic plan on reproductive health that takes into consideration the health policy of the MoH, the guidelines and standards of Haitian hospitals as well as the expectations of health workers and the general population.
- Identification and study of existing literature ;
- Interviews with key stakeholders;
- Focus Group Discussions ;
- Regular consultation with the respective officials of the MoH and its partners ;
- Preparation of a report on the actual situation regarding SRH on country level;
- Development of a national strategic plan on reproductive health;
- Dissemination workshop;