Reproductive Health / Human Rights Programme, Component: Family Planning: Community-Based Services for Sexual and Reproductive Health in the Region East, Burkina Faso
Women, youths and children exercise their basic rights and use the growing acceptance of these rights in village communities: for sexual and reproductive health, as HIV/AIDS prevention and as protection from discrimination, traditional practices that violate human rights, child trafficking and the worst forms of child labour.
Women and men, particularly youth, increasingly access reproductive and sexual services
This project is part of the GTZ Programme Human Rights / Reproductive Health in Burkina Faso that consists of 3 component, e.g. (1) Family Planning, Reproductive Health of youth and HIV/AIDS prevention; (2) Promotion of Women’s Rights and FGM (female genital mutilation) prevention; (3) Human Rights/Combating Traffic in Children and the Worst Forms of Child Labour.
Within the project, the Direction Régionale de la Santé (DRS) of the Region East needs support for providing community-based services for sexual education, family planning and HIV/AIDS prevention. The tasks include the development of different models (such as DBC, Aproche contractuelle with community-based organization of different sectors), feasibility and efficiency studies, conception and implementation of workshops for the experience exchange, and organization and implementation of an information and awareness campaign for mediators (rural, traditional and religious authorities).
- Administrative and technical assistance to the project partner for the project planning, organization and implementation
- Selection and backstopping of the expert team and supporting staff
- Continuous exchange with the regional directorate
- Planning, implementation and financing of training courses for specialists and managers
- Project administration, monitoring and supervision in line with the GTZ instruments
- Maintenance and administration of a project office
- Coordination with implementing partner institutions and bi- and multilateral donor agencies
- Regular reporting to the client
- Active contribution to GTZ knowledge management approach