Identification and assessment of prospective partner institutions for the forthcoming pro-gramme “Sexual education, HIV and AIDS prevention and reproductive health” for adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa
Preparations in three countries for the forthcoming programme “Sexual education, HIV and AIDS prevention and reproductive health” for adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa:
- To recommend key countries for the upcoming programme;
- To identify and assess appropriate partner institutions and projects (governmental and non-governmental; already existing or planned activities);
- To scrutinise the institutions’ and projects’ surroundings in the respective country;
- To asses training needs of prospective partner institutions;
- To identify approaches for web-based programme activities.
The objective of the DSE programme on sexual education, HIV and AIDS prevention and reproductive health for adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa was to improve the institutions and programmes of health service providers, especially in the fields of family planning and HIV and AIDS prevention. The programme was particularly created for the target group of “young and single people”.
- Field mission;
- Desk study on adolescent sexuality and respective national health policies;
- Interviews with responsible persons from prospective partner institutions and local authorities;
- Development of a guideline to standardise the evaluation during the field visits;
- Evaluation of potential partner institutions;
- Situation analysis of the health sectors’ stakeholders with focus on reproductive health and youth;
- Recommendations on countries, prospective partner institutions and projects;
- Intermittent and final report.