Health Development Support Programme (APNDS): Development and Promotion of Mutual Health Insurances in Zone B and E
This is the first phase of promoting mutual health insurances within the Health Development Support Programme in Guinea (APNDS) and part of the preparation for the next phase of IDA funding which will target the support of health care financing.
The general objective of developing and promoting mutual health insurances is to originate sustainable disease-related risk sharing mechanisms, through revitalization and creation of 36 mutual health insurances in the intervention area of the APNDS.
The specific objectives are:
- Identify implementation areas for mutual health insurances;
- Establish new mutual health insurances in areas with potential for success;
- Revitalize existing mutual health insurances, selected according to predefined criteria;
- Strengthen the capacity of the mutual health insurances’ managers;
- Establish mechanisms to ensure sustainability for the mutual health insurances.
The project covers two zones with 4 and 5 prefectures respectively in the Republic of Guinea:
Zone B: Tougué, Mali, Lélouma, Koubia
Zone E: Kouroussa Siguiri Kérouané, Mandiana, Beyla
- Conduct an analysis of the current situation related to the mutual health insurances in the covered geographical areas;
- Harmonization of the implementation approaches of projects with the other three service providers that are under contract with APNDS;
- Identification of suitable health zones for the implementation of health insurance schemes;
- Developing mechanisms for the health insurance system;
- Assurance of an effective and close monitoring of the mutual health insurances;
- Training of field staff (DPS, CRD, health facilities, community representatives, management committees of mutual health insurances etc.