Development of National Guidelines for activities in HIV and AIDS prevention and care in Guinea
- To contribute to the process of developing the national guidelines for HIV/AIDS interventions in Guinea;
- To prepare and facilitate a workshop with focal points from ministries, NGOs and other stakeholders, aiming at discussing the National Plan on HIV and AIDS to elaborate detailed work plans;
- To catalyze the coordination of inter-sectoral activities between the CNLS (Comité National de Lutte contre le SIDA -National Council for the Fight against AIDS) and Guinean ministries.
Health Focus provided an international senior short term consultant for the duration of two weeks to participate in and contribute to the process of developing the national guidelines for HIV/AIDS interventions in Guinea. This work was a preparatory assignment for the development of a national M&E tool for all relevant interventions against HIV and AIDS (SIDAPES). The approach was highly participatory and partners had to be convinced of the need to go for a common strategy within a common policy framework which would be monitored by a unique M&E system.
- Technical assistance;
- Recommendations for the development of national guidelines for HIV and AIDS interventions;
- Workshop preparation and facilitation;
- Final report.